I love Instagram because it’s the best way to find new makeup artists. The other day I happened across this amazing image by artist Joonyoul Seung, which I posted to Reddit in the hopes that I’d be able to find a similar lip product.
Apparently he used: Mac Diva, Guerlain 324, & MAC Please Me for the lips.
I immediately fell in love with the bright pink cheeks and messy gradient/stained lips but unfortunately did not have this combination of shades. With winter weather rapidly approaching (it snowed for almost a day and a half this week), I really appreciated the pink/gray ‘après ski’ look.
Here’s my quick recreation of the lips.
They look quite a bit brighter and summery on me, but I think that’s just the nature of pink lips on dark skin. The light pink on the edge of the lips was very flattering in person, and really nice change from my normal look.
PRODUCTS & APPLICATION
- MAC Cosmo – applied all over the lips, as a “base.”
- Missha Velvet Gradation in Sangria Wine– applied to the centre of the lips with the applicator and then blended out with my finger.
- This is the best tint I’ve tried, and it’s a nice non-drying $15 alternative to Too Faced’s $25 Melted Lipsticks.
- Pat McGrath clear gloss – all over.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal – applied to the cupid’s bow.
I hope this was useful!