I paid $59cad for the palette and ordered it online from Sephora.ca on October 4th. If you can’t manage to get it online, it will be in stores on Oct. 15th. I was told to call Oct. 14th to double check.
I’ve never actually tried eyeshadows by ABH but I was very excited for this one. Love her or hate her Kim K has been highly influential in popularizing makeup trends. And as her longtime makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic was the person actually creating them. I appreciate his artistry and knew I had to get my hands on his palette.
As one of my friends said, this palette will be perfect for someone who attends a lot of Indian weddings. Many of the shades seem quite light in the pan but are very brown girl friendly on the skin.
Hollywood and 5th Ave are quite light and shimmery, but look beautiful layered over the deeper shimmers.
And NYC, Kim, Muse, Marina and Paris all look great as a single wash of colour on the lid.
The only shade I’ve had trouble working with is Lula. Cool toned grayish purple shades just don’t look good on me and I tend to stay away from using them.
I came up with three looks so you could so what the shades look like on the face.
[LOOK ONE – PINKS]
[LOOK 2 – KHAKI]
[LOOK 3 – NAVY]
Because I had a very positive initial reaction I’ve tried to compensate by being harsher than I usually would on the formula.
- They are SO buttery, and when you use your fingers they glide on beautifully.
- They kick up quite a bit of powder when you use a brush
- I haven’t experienced any fallout
- They wear fine, but after 5 hours my skin starts to show through a bit in the crease
- The cardboard is nice for travel
- The powder kickup makes the cardboard dirty
- The mirror is fine, but I would have preferred it a little bigger
- The pan size is nice & you get a good amount of product
- It’s really nice addition and definitely useable
- A little rough
- Perfect for travel
This is the kind of palette that’s nice for (1) a beginner (2) someone who mainly wears neutral/minimal makeup or (3) the makeup collector. And because it can work for so many different people I consider it an absolute home run. I highly recommend it and think Mario did an amazing job picking the shades.
Hope this was useful!